Monday, January 5, 2009

A Plane and a Mission

Back in 2001 when I started my flying lessons, I thought about building my own plane. Nothing really clicked except the Rand KR-2. It is light, strong, fairly tolerant of minor modifications, has a good, and experienced builders group, accepts several power plant options, is fast and is... well... nice to look at.

Now that things are coming to fruition; I am actually going to get my Private Pilot's License, thoughts of aircraft jostle my waking moments. I still like the KR-2 but now that the Sport Pilot license is a reality, there are quite a few more kits and plans available. There does exist a rough idea what I want out of a plane, but there seems to be some uncertainty.


While browsing the Borders book store last weekend, I found a copy of this book. Unfortunately payday is this Friday, so my weekend entertainment budget was limited to a small coffee and all I can drink water from the fountain. There is a very nice section, paragraph or two really, about plan and kit selection. There must be a mission.

So, what is my mission? What do I want to do in my plane?

Stay tuned. Mission briefing incoming. Check back for the upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment