Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Things First...

Reading about building...

I tuned up my pickup today and my daughter went out with her boyfriend, so by all rights I have the evening to go out and gamble and drink and flirt with women. But, no... I am here reading about building airplanes. Sure, go ahead and say it... "That boy ain't right."

Now, if you belong to the minority who read this and lean back in your chair nodding in understanding, good. It pleases me to know there are other insane people out there.

Anyway, two things I have read were rather interesting. One was a posting on rec.aviation.homebuilt A member was giving a relative noob a hard time, chastising him for being very inexperienced and thinking of test flying his brother's experimental.

The other is here at airbum.com Especially interesting is their article, Getting Started in Homebuilding - 1 where the author intently tries to dissuade just about anyone from building an airplane. Interesting reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment