Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Little Plane?

Fantasies of flitting around in the summer air over green fields and stark deserts have been playing in the theater of my mind this week.Here is an Ercoupe 415C. Will this be my plane? Maybe. That is the best I can say since there is no way for me to afford $25,000 to $30,000 for one right now. At the end of the year, perhaps. Right now, no way.

Yes, there is still interest in building a plane myself but several things are playing in the background with my interest in the Ercoupe. Let's just state that there are no small, inexpensive planes to train in here. The cheapest is a little Cessna 150 that rents for about $64 per hour dry.

There seems to be a lot of interest in the Sport Pilot certificate here but no planes. Perhaps that will change?

1 comment:

  1. I realize this doesn't help you, but an FBO at Scottsdale Airpark has a light sport plane for rent (can't recall what it is), and offers Light Sport training.

    So there's hope, anyway.

    ReplyDelete