Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a Little Stall

As happens in many lives, things change. At times for the better, at times for the worst and at times it is simply a change.

What the hell does that have to do with this blog?

Well, budgets suck. Old bills suck. So, it is with a heavy heart that I must admit there is currenty little financial ability to pay for flight training and a plane, whether purchased or rented. Sure, I could afford an hour, maybe two a month. I need, what, 20 more hours or so, adding in an additional 10 because the training will be so spread out, and I am looking at two to three years.

So, I will keep studying and maybe post here once in a while. For now, flight training is simmering on the back burner until finances free up a bit.

Fly safe, all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oi! Get back to it so I can live vicariously through you until I can start flight training... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First scenario: What's that saying? It isn't LIFT that makes an airplane fly, it's money :o). So, if you want to fly to completion of a certificate, say Private, it is prudent to set aside a lump sum about $8000 - $10000, then go into training with intensity, by this I mean at least 2 to 3 times weekly till you are done.

    Second scenario: Fly as you budget, it may take a bit longer but I have seen many accomplish their goals just the same. Some are delayed by budget, others from family demands and issues, still others are slowed down due to work. At the end of the day, the hours flown apply towards your certification, so it isn't lost. Keep at it for the love of the skies and I know you will earn that certification for I have seen many before you make it this way too.

    I recommend a good ground course to keep things interesting and allow you to go back to it and review whenever you want. TrainingFlight.com, click Flight tools and then click online demo and try this out. I don't earn a dime from it, but if it helps revive your love for flying, it paid off. :o)

    Blue skies and calm winds,
    Chief Pilot
    Washington State

    ReplyDelete